After a ufe, you should see a decrease in the amount of bleeding you experience, but it shouldn’t go away altogether. Dr. Linda Hughes, M.D. gives all the details about what you should see after your procedure.
“Ideally after a fibroid embolization, the patients should still have their period. It should be a regular menstrual cycle and if heavy bleeding is been a part of the symptomatology, that heavy bleeding should resolve. Typically 90% of women within the first menstrual cycle will notice the difference in terms of heavy bleeding, the other 10% can take two to three cycles before they notice the difference in their symptoms. In a small percentage of patients, we had mentioned that one of the complications, can be going into menopause, and if the patient goes into menopause as a result of the embolization obviously they won’t continue to have a period.”
You might also enjoy: